Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sailing Away

I will be leaving NYC in approximately 36 hours. Dad is driving here tomorrow, and we leave bright and early Saturday morning. I can't believe the end is finally here. Tomorrow is the last day of my internship, and I have learned so much there. It has been such an experience to get to see the whole process of creating, producing, and selling a fashion line. I have gotten very good reviews/evaluations of my performance as an intern, which is really nice to hear. I work really hard because I know that I'm paying my dues now; sometimes being an unpaid intern was less than glamorous, but it will be completely worth it in the end. Plus, I got a bunch of free clothes (and what could beat that?!)




Occasion: Work
What I'm wearing: Gap shirt (2008), American Apparel navy skirt, Urban Outfitters earrings, Banana Republic sandals (not pictured)

New York decided it just wouldn't be right to let me leave without sweating my butt off a few more times getting ready for work, as this morning was quite a warm. Something about this outfit makes me feel a little sailor-ish; I think its the colors and the bow. I hardly ever wear this shirt, and I couldn't tell you why. Its actually rather cute; I should probably try to bring it into the rotation a little more often. Okay well I'm going to have to cut this short so I can go pack up EVERYTHING in my room. This could take awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I ever saw you wear that! Cute! Can't wait to have you home babe. Love you. (I know you will holler at me for commenting like this...couldn't help it...I've waited a long time to see you). Have a great last day!! It won't be forever...you'll be back!!! New York hasn't seen the last of you yet!!!!